It is the mission of the Arizona Badminton Foundation to educate, promote, expand, and teach the sport of badminton in the state of Arizona with particular attention towards Arizona’s youth. We strive to achieve these goals through the following endeavors:
- Educate the public about the sport of badminton including but not limited to it’s history, rules, fitness/health benefits, competitive nature, and team-building qualities.
- Provide outreach programs to Arizona’s youth to introduce them to the fun and active sport of badminton.
- Facilitate training programs for fostering competitive play at the high school level and beyond.
- Organize and sponsor competitive badminton matches, teams, and tournaments at various locations open to players of all ages and genders.
- Push for the adoption of co-ed badminton in Arizona’s high schools.
- Develop technical tools for the management, outreach, and organization of badminton matches, games, and tournaments.
EducateTeach people what competitive badminton is really about. Dispel the myths and show everyone that badminton is a tough, competitive, and fun sport.
CultivateCreate opportunities to play and spark a passion for badminton. Make badminton in the Valley as inclusive and community-oriented as possible.
GrowGet others interested through friendly competition and engaging social activities. Badminton is more than a sport, it is a passion that should be shared.
About UsThe Arizona Badminton Foundation (ABF) is a non-profit organization that was founded in 2014 to promote the sport of competitive badminton in Arizona. As a sport that is slowly growing in popularity, badminton in Arizona is seeing a rise in interest from people of all ages and backgrounds. New badminton-specific facilities have sprung up around the Valley in response the growing demand for quality court time. School districts are expanding girls badminton teams in local high schools and every year, the interest is so high that many teams are required to make cuts (often in the range of 10-20 girls).
So if the sport is growing, then why do we need the ABF? The reason is that there is no single local entity with the mission of badminton outreach and education that is guiding this growth. At the ABF, we believe strongly in active outreach programs and promotion to grow the sport in a way that is inclusive and accessible to everyone. We feel that this is best accomplished through active engagement in Arizona’s youth; taking the sport to them vs. a, “build it and they will come” approach.
Because our philosophy is based on outreach, it is more community oriented and inclusive. As such, we rely heavily on the active involvement of our members to achieve our goals. While financial contributions are always helpful, the donation of member time, ideas, and participation are equally as valuable. Our members not only contribute their time, but they also share our values of inclusion, sportsmanship, and respect.
Finally, we make heavy use of technology in our outreach and competitive efforts. Through our partnership with i3 Data Consulting (owned by one of our founders) we work to provide technology-based tools for league and tournament management and to enable a greater place for technology in badminton.
Become a Member
- Participate in competitive year-round training
- Special member discounts on facilities, products, and services
- Access to ABF tournament and match tools